Being yourself is beyond important in a relationship. Too often people morph into their mates ideals, likes and dislikes. This isn't good for anybody and the person who lets go of who they are will eventually have enough.
Here's a few things to help you keep your identity.
* Learn to love the weirdness - Find ways to love and nurture who your mate is at their core.
* Appreciate everything about your mate - Remind yourself of why you fell in love with them.
* Make light of your differences - Humor takes the sting out of anything.
* Encourage and support their hobbies - This alone will may be the most important.
* DON'T EVER TRY TO CHANGE THE PERSON YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH